The Queens Connected Mobile Hotspot Lending Program
The Queens Connected Mobile Hotspot Lending Program is offering access to free and unlimited internet to families via WIFI hotspots. These devices are available for loan in many Queens Public Library locations. People can check out their hotspots for 2 months and renew them for up to 5 months.
To participate in this program, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Have a valid Queens Public Library card and be at least 18 years old
- Have no outstanding fees
- Have no Internet access at home
There is a limit of one device per household.
This program is sponsored by FCC’s E-Rate program, the Institute of Museum and Library Services, National Grid, Notias Construction, Sterling National Bank, and The Thomas & Jeanne Elmezzi Private Foundation.
To learn more about the program and acquire your hotspot, you may visit any of the following Queens Public Library locations.
– Arverne (312 Beach 54 Street) – Astoria (14-01 Astoria Boulevard)
– Central Library (89-11 Merrick Boulevard) – Corona (38-23 104 Street)
– East Elmhurst (95-06 Astoria Boulevard) – Elmhurst (86-07 Broadway)
– Far Rockaway (1003 Beach 20th Street) – Flushing (41-17 Main Street)
– Hollis (202-05 Hillside Avenue) – Langston Hughes (100-01 Northern Boulevard)
– Lefferts (103-34 Lefferts Boulevard) – Lefrak City (Mobile Library) (98-30 57 Avenue)
– Long Island City (37-44 21 Street) – McGoldrick (155-06 Roosevelt Avenue)
– Mitchell-Linden (31-32 Union Street) – Peninsula (92-25 Rockaway Beach Boulevard)
– Pomonok (158-21 Jewel Avenue) – Poppenhusen (121-23 14 Avenue)
– Queensboro Hill (60-05 Main Street) – Rosedale (144-20 243 Street)
– South Hollis (204-01 Hollis Avenue)
– South Jamaica (108-41 Guy R. Brewer Boulevard)
* People who borrow hotspots from this location must also agree to participate in QPL’s Job and Business Academy programs.
– South Ozone Park (128-16 Rockaway Boulevard)
– St. Albans (191-05 Linden Boulevard)
– Woodside (54-22 Skillman Avenue)
December 3, 2022
November 16, 2022