Congestion Pricing Plan Hearings Between August 25 and August 31
The Federal Highway Administration released an environmental assessment of the city’s congestion pricing plan on Wednesday, August 10. As a result, city and state officials will host six online public hearings between August 25 and 31. The hearings will take place online via Zoom and live streamed here on the following dates and times.
– Thursday, August 25, 5 – 8 p.m (sign up to speak or request services)
– Saturday, August 27, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. (sign up to speak or request services)
– Sunday, August 28, 1 – 4 p.m. (sign up to speak or request services)
– Monday, August 29, 1 – 4 p.m. (sign up to speak or request services)
– Tuesday, August 30, 5 – 8 p.m. (sign up to speak or request services)
– Wednesday, August 31, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. (sign up to speak or request services)
Under the city’s congestion pricing plan, drivers would be charged a fee for entering Manhattan below 60th Street. The goal is to reduce traffic and air pollution in Midtown and Downtown Manhattan, and to raise $1 billion per year in revenue for the Metropolitan Transportation Authority to improve mass transit.
If interested, the public will have the opportunity to speak at the hearings. It is a request, not a requirement, that those wishing to speak at the hearings register online by 7 p.m., the day prior to the scheduled hearing. Members of the public may also sign up by calling the Public Hearing Hotline at (646) 252-6777. Language assistance and related accommodations will also be available upon request.
Anyone desiring to share their views and input about the congestion plan may do so by the following means:
- Online: info/CBDTP;
- Email: CBDTP@mtabt.org;
- Mail: CBD Tolling Program, 2 Broadway, 23rd Floor, New York, NY 10004;
- Phone: (646) 252-7440;
- Fax: Send to (212) 504-3148 with Attention to CBDTP Team.
Direct comments to the FHWA:
- Email: CBDTP@dot.gov;
- Mail: FHWA – NY Division, RE: CBDTP, Leo W. O’Brien Federal Building, 11A Clinton Ave, Suite 719, Albany, NY 12207
December 5, 2023
December 5, 2023
November 17, 2023